If you are on Mish's scavenger hunt...look at yesterday's post for the answer.
One of the participants asked for the recipe for the cakes.
Here is the recipe for the Molten Chocolate Cakes:
Baking cocoa
6 oz semisweet baking chocolate chopped
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
3 large whole eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Grease bottoms of and sides of six 6 ounce custard cups with shortening and sprinkle with cocoa.
Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
Let cool slightly.
Beat whole eggs and egg yolks. Beat in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
Beat in melted chocolate mixture and flour.
Divide batter evenly among custard cups.
Place cups on cookie sheets.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until sides are set and centers are still soft.(Tops will be puffed and cracked)
Let stand 3 minutes.
Run a knife or metal spatula along sides of cakes to loosen.
Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down onto each cup;turn plate and cup over and remove cup.
Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Note: Be sure to grease the custard cups with shortening, dust the cups witht he cocoa and bake the cakes at the correct oven temperature for the right time. These steps are critical to the success of the recipe. If the centers are too cakelike in texture, bake a few minutes less the next time: if they're too soft, bake a minute or two longer.
This is a recipe that was given to me and it is from a Betty Crocker recipe.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Wow, thank you!! I tried to enlarge the photo to see the instructions, it didn't work, so thanks for posting this!!
Thank you so much! I will have to make these soon!
~Kendra
Bevie, I'll be right over for this, okay? It sounds sinful!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait, I'm dieting! Just one teeny weeny piece?
Yum!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Can you say YUM???????????????????
Oh My Gosh ... You posted it!
I think this will be a perfect addition at a huge gathering I'll have here in the summer! Mmmmmwaaaaaah!!
~Tex
Post a Comment