Sunday, March 30, 2008

To Teach is to Touch a Heart Forever

I made this card to send to an online friend of mine who is a teacher. We will both be counting the days until school is over and we can begin our summer break. :)
I have had this stamp set from Stamps from Judith for AGES....they were foam mounted...yes I am talking ages. So when I was going through my school themed stamps today...I decided to try and make one of those hanging plaque like decorations you always see in a teacher's room and make it into a card. After attaching the jump rings to the cutouts, I have a profound admiration to anyone who does small details in their jewelry crafts. The paper is SU creamy caramel and the designer paper is from a Junkitz paper pack called School Days Junk Padz. The pencil, school house and ruler do dangle from the black board. (I used foam mount tape to attach the blackboard to the card and to pop the apple up.) All images were colored with copic markers.
Of course I used my Cutter Bee scissors to cut out the images. (I LOVE my Cutter Bee Scissors)
Well, I have spent the majority of the day putzing around with this card. It is now time for me to get organized for school tomorrow. Let the school count down begin again.....tomorrow.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by to see my blog.

If you are looking for the Molten Lava Cake recipe...scroll down to the next post.
If you are on Mish's scavenger hunt and looking for a clue...scroll down to the post after that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is wonderful!!! Your friend is very lucky.
Ihear you on the jump rimgs - I put 19 of them on 'bone' name tags for our Kg Dalmatian Celebration of a Lifetime. Total PIA
How does Cindy do it?

Lana said...

Hey Bevie. . . I counted the days today. We have 50 school days left. Let the countdown begin! I love feeling like we work "together" even though we live in two separate states! I LOVE YOU BEVIE PEARL!